urban thoughts

Japan

Japan
Juxtaposition of small and large in central Tokyo

Wednesday 2 June 2010

English Spring is the best


I love this time of year. When the sun shines but the air is still cool and you can enjoy being out and about without worrying too much about getting hot and bothered or sunburnt. I leant to really appreciate the changing seasons in Japan where each change is celebrated - the hanami picnic under the cherry blossom or viewing the changing colours in the autumn. But the sun soon gets too hot for me in Japan - and I have to cover up with suncream, long sleeves and a wide-brimmed hat. At least you can buy all this UV protective gear in Japan. It's still most fashionable to be pale rather than sun-tanned and women prefer physical sun-blocks to chemical sunscreens. I found the best hat shops in Japan - and there is also a huge range of UV arm covers, visors and parasols. I think there is an opportunity to educate sunloving Europeans and convert them to the benefits of covering up in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment